December 7, 2020
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has announced $20 Billion in new funding for Phase 3 Provider Relief. The initiative will provide additional funding to previously ineligible providers, and further assist those who have already received Provider Relief Fund payments. The new funding will be based on both financial losses and operating expenses caused by the pandemic.
The program so far
With over $100 Billion in relief already provided, the HHS has already taken action to assist affected providers. The New Phase 3 General Distribution will pave the way for applicants to receive 2% of their lost annual patient care revenue, as well as the losses and expenses incurred from the Coronavirus pandemic. All payment recipients will be required to attest to receiving the Phase 3 General Distribution payment and accept the associated Terms and Conditions.
- Providers that have already received approximately 2% of annual revenue from the Provider Relief Fund will be considered for an “equitable add-on” payment
HHS will review the following information in making a determination as to whether a provider is eligible for an add-on payment:
- The provider’s change in operating revenues from patient care;
- The provider’s change in operating expenses from patient care, including expenses incurred related to coronavirus; and
- Payments already received through prior Provider Relief Fund distributions.
When can I apply?
Providers can now begin applying for Phase 3 Provider Relief funding. The HHS urges providers to apply as soon as possible to expedite the process and accelerate the distribution of funds.
New modifications to the program
Unlike past relief, Phase 3 Provider Relief will assist healthcare providers that began practicing during the first quarter of the year. Medicare, Medicaid, CHIP, dentists, assisted living facilities and behavioral health providers are also included in this phase.
Newly eligible providers
- Any provider who has continued to struggle after receiving, rejecting, or accepting a General Distribution Provider Relief Fund payment;
- Behavioral Health Providers, including those who have already received provider relief.
When is the deadline?
All eligible providers will have until November 6, 2020 to complete their applications for Phase 3 Distribution Funding. Again, the HHS urges providers to complete their applications as soon as possible to accelerate the distribution process.
How you can get more help
If you need help with your Phase 3 Provider Relief Funding, the Perlson team of professionals is here to help. Contact us at 516-541-0022 or visit our website at Perlsonllp.com for more information.
For updates and to learn more about the Provider Relief Program, visit: hhs.gov/providerrelief.
New York State has launched a program that aims at helping you secure the funding you need.